Press play. The soundtrack to my creativity awaits.
My apologies in advance for not having measurements for this recipe.. bad man nah use recipe lol. -Nat's Confessions
I don't know any Jamaican person that uses measurements when they cook and somehow the same dishes always come out tasting like amazing deliciousness. I can tell you what I put in my oxtails but I can't tell you the amounts.
1. Clean meat thoroughly with water and vinegar.
2. From left to right, these are the seasonings that you will need to make oxtail: onion powder, garlic powder, Gravy Master, Lawry's Seasoning Salt, Blue Mountain Jamaican Meat Seasoning, Matouks scotch bonnet hot sauce, thyme and tomato paste (not pictured here).
3. Season the meat with all of the ingredients listed above with the exception of the Matouks and the thyme. Those will get added in step 5.
4. Chop up tomatoes, onions, garlic, and scallions.
5. Add your chopped up tomatoes, onions, garlic, and scallions to your meat along with a few sprigs of thyme, a tablespoon of tomato paste, a teaspoon of Matouks hot sauce, and water to create the sauce. I cook my oxtail in a digital pressure cooker for 80 minutes on high pressure.
6. I served my oxtail with rice and peas with coconut milk and steamed cabbage and peppers.