Press play. The soundtrack to my creativity awaits.
I saw this dress at the thrift store on half off day and immediately thought... this will make a cute skirt and I'll use the leftover fabric for pockets. Well worth the $3.50 I spent! -Nat's Confessions
And this is how I did it...
1. I marked the dress 22 inches above the hem.
2. In addition to removing the top portion of the dress, I removed the buttons and those weird tie thingies in the back. (I actually sewed them together and used them for my waist band).
3. I gathered the dress, attached the waistband, created a back seam, and added a zipper.
4. I used some of the leftover fabric to create pockets.
5. I paired my new skirt with a top I thrifted from the Goodwill for $4.00...
6. and these pearl and gold earrings.. of course I made them!